środa, 23 października 2019

001 The Kórnik Arboretum


Last year October was grey, rainy and a bit depressing. The only thing I was able to do was watching some series on Netflix, drinking gallons of tea and being, of course, wrapped in a warm blanket. But this year the autumn season looks completely different. Although it is nice to stay at home and get a cosy nest there, the weather encourages to take long walks. That is why we have visited The Kórnik Arboretum.
The Kórnik Arboretum is a kind of botanical garden that is dedicated to the trees. According to the information board at the entrance, this beautiful park contains about 3000 species and varieties of trees and shrubs. To be honest, I don’t know much about the dendrology, but it was interesting to walk and to observe all of those tree species – almost every tree has got its own table with its name and its age, the place of existence and some other curious facts.
It is said that the best moments for visiting Arboretum are May/June, because it is the time of flowering of many plants there or September/October when the leaves turn colours. I haven’t seen the park in the spring yet, but when it comes to the autumn, I must agree: it is worth to visit it!  I really recommend visiting that place - there's still some time left until the trees loose their leaves.
My words can’t describe its beauty, so perhaps the photos below will do.












Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

022 Why I sometimes feel like an old lady

We often associate seniors with specific activities and old-fashioned hobbies, like collecting stamps. Sometimes my friends joke that I wa...