środa, 4 grudnia 2019

005 3 ways to feel happier in the winter


I don’t like the winter season, especially when there’s no snow. The sky that gets dark too early and that omnipresent cold – is there anybody who likes such unpleasant things? Every year I get upset and depressed in the middle of November and my bad mood doesn’t change till March. Of course, there are some remedies to get a little bit better and today I would love to present you 3 of my best hacks to feel happier in the winter:



1. Tidy up your room!
Imagine that – you finish your job and it’s time to go home. The sun goes down at 3 P.M., so every time you go back home it’s already dark. You get upset easily, the city is crowded, you are hungry and there’s only light in the fridge. And then, you open the door of your home and see that mess. What’s next? It makes you more depressed and angry than before. That is why I always try to have my room cleaned. What's better than just go back home, lighten up a couple of candles and prepare a hot cup of favorite tea?



2.  Well-balanced diet
Yes, I know that “well-balanced diet” sounds obvious but don’t forget that winter is the season when we don’t eat too much healthy food. When it’s cold, nobody wants to go shopping to buy vegetables – it’s easier to order a pizza. And there’s something more ­– when I think about winter, the first image that I see in my head is Christmas time. Christmas in Poland means always the tons of greasy food, sugar and no fresh vegetables or fruits. That is why you should add more vitamins into your diet. If you don’t like fresh vegetables or fruits, try some smoothies recipes.



3. Bring summer to your home!
You might know that I am totally crazy about houseplants. I am aware that many people don’t like plants, they find them hard to keep in good condition. Of course, there are many plant species that require too much attention but there are many who are perfect for beginners, too. If you are afraid that you would forget about watering your plants, try aloe vera, snake plant or a type of echeveria plant. There’s nothing better than a little bit of green color at home when the world outside is gray and unwelcoming.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

022 Why I sometimes feel like an old lady

We often associate seniors with specific activities and old-fashioned hobbies, like collecting stamps. Sometimes my friends joke that I wa...