środa, 4 marca 2020

012 Seagulls

Seagulls. For tourists, they are the symbol of holidays, sea and freedom. Beautiful, innocent birds who always accompany sunsets at the seashore. However, the local people have a different view. For them, the seagulls mean noisy predators. Most of those birds don’t live anymore at the seashore – they moved from the coast to the nearest town. It is easier to look for food in the trash than to hunt sea creatures. The local people associate the seagulls with ubiquitous beasts who empty the bins and who wake up everybody in the city with their screeching at 5am in the morning.

Although I haven't lived in a seaside town since I was in high school, I sometimes catch myself listening to the sounds of silence and trying to hear seagulls' noisy voices...





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

022 Why I sometimes feel like an old lady

We often associate seniors with specific activities and old-fashioned hobbies, like collecting stamps. Sometimes my friends joke that I wa...